Uttam Singh records the music of ‘Rajjo’ at the Abbey Road Studios, London
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Veteran music director Uttam Singh recently re-recorded and mastered the music of Vishwas Patil’s ambitious next ‘Rajjo’ in London’s famous Abbey Road Studios.
Uttam Singh who shot to fame after composing the music of ‘Dil Toh Paagal Hai’ and ‘Gadar:Ek Prem Katha’, recreates his musical magic and returns to the scene ,after over a decade, with the musical entertainer starring Kangana Ranaut, Mahesh Manjrekar, Prakash Raj and Paras Arora.
The world renowned recording venue has seen the likes of music legends including The Beatles, Pink Floyd and has also been a host to several Hollywood film music recordings like the Harry Potter series,the Star Wars franchise and The Lord of the Rings film trilogy to name a few.
Uttam Singh had played the violin over 40 years ago for Pakeezah, memory of which is still fresh in movie-goers minds and now the veteran will now play the violin for ‘Rajjo’.
Additionally, if sources are to be believed, the studio technicians were extremely impressed with the songs and the fact that they were larger-than-life and so full of energy, especially the mujra song which left a lasting impression on everyone involved in the process of the album’s recording.
Talking about getting the opportunity to record in a place as grand as the Abbey Road Studios, a source close to the film says, “A london-based business man and a die-hard Uttam singh fan, Mr. Abhi Khan had visited India for the celebration of 100 years of the Indian cinema. On his visit, he had the privilege of meeting Uttam Singh and having listened to the original tunes of ‘Rajjo’ was floored and invited the music director and his crew to London to record and masters the songs of ‘Rajjo’ in the Abbey Road Studios, on his personal expenditure.”
Says director Vishwas Patil, "I met Uttam Singh over 10 years ago at the great Naushad Ali`s home and ever since it has been my dream to work with him.He has done a brilliant job on the film and I guarantee, the music of Rajjo will be his career`s finest".
Produced by Four Pillars Entertainment, Vishwas Patil’s ‘Rajjo’ , also starring Kangana Ranaut, Paras Arora, National Award winners Prakash Raj, Mahesh Manjrekar amongst the others is scheduled to release this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir Kapoor’s ex-girlfriends - Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif - to do a film together!
- Kapil Sharma turns Johar’s ‘Koffee with Karan’ spicy couch into a laughter zone
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- 'Sahiba' from Anushka Sharma, Diljit Dosanjh starrer 'Phillauri' will soothe your soul
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Wiz Khalifa's sister dies at 32
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!