What is ironical in Shalmali Kholgade’s success?
Chennai: The Hindi word "pareshaan", which in English means troubled, may not to be everybody`s favourite word, but playback singer Shalmali Kholgade says it`s ironical but the word has spelled happiness for her.
‘Pareshaan’ from the film ‘Ishaqzaade’ was Shalmali`s the debut Hindi song, which has music by Amit Trivedi.
She has won the Filmfare and the Screen Award for best female playback singer for the song.
"I have sensed the irony of it every single day since ‘Pareshaan’ released, but to be a part of it, and then garnering the kind of audience response that it did, makes me very happy," Shalmali told reporters.
"The awards I`ve won for the song is the ultimate reward. It`s the cherry on the already delicious cake," she added.
She feels post the awards, people`s expectation from her will go up.
"This is my first year in the award season and I am conscious of the fact that after the buzz of winning these awards dies out, there`ll be higher expectations, tighter schedules and longer days in store, but I look forward to it all," she said.
The 23-year old recently crooned her first Tamil number for the upcoming film ‘Naan Rajavaga Pogiren’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fawad Khan doesn’t mind doing multi-starrer films - Here’s why
- Check out: Shades of romance and battle in new poster of Randeep Hooda- Kajal Agarwal starrer 'Do Lafzon Ki Kahani'
- Sunny Leone talks about the keys to successful marriage
- Be monsoon-ready with skin, haircare tips
- 'Outsider' term should not exist in Bollywood: Richa Chadha
- Teaser poster! Time to turn swag mode on for new song 'Ud-Daa Punjab' from 'Udta Punjab'
- Sorry Arijit, your song failed to make it to Salman Khan's 'Sultan' album! – Here's proof
- This 'musical genius' will make you facepalm - Watch 'unintentionally funny' video here
- Watch: ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan - Anushka Sharma’s electrifying chemistry in ‘Baby Ko Bass Pasand Hai’
- 'Pyar Ki Maa Ki' making from 'Housefull3' will make you go LOL: Watch video!