Young musicians feature in calendar
New Delhi: A New Year calendar featuring young musicians such as santoor player Abhay Rustam Sopori, Sufi singer Ragini Rainu and singer brothers Ritesh and Rajnish Mishra was unveiled here Wednesday.
Santoor maestro Bhajan Sopori, chairman of Sopori Academy of Music and Performing Arts, and Suresh Goyal, director-general, Indian Council for Cultural Relations, released the calendar for 2013 at the India Habitat Centre.
"The photos in this calendar are not just photos. With this calendar, we hope that these young musicians, who have contributed to the country in a big way, are able to reach the hearts of the young generation," Sopori said.
The calendar also features violinist Ambi Subramanium, table player Rafiuddin Sabri and Odissi danseuse Arushi Mudgil.
The release was followed by a concert by santoor player Abhay Rustum Sopori.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt won't be typically romantic: Gauri Shinde
- See in pic: Anil Kapoor in awe of daughters, Sonam and Rhea Kapoor!
- Shilpa Shetty rejoices 4 million Twitter followers
- I don't know my caste or creed, I'm universal: Amitabh Bachchan
- First trailer of Clooney's 'Hail, Caesar!' unveiled