Zakir Hussain open to acting in films again
Mumbai: Tabla maestro Ustad Zakir Hussain says he is not averse to face the camera and would like to act again if good projects come his way.
Hussain was last seen in `Saaz`, a 1998 Hindi movie produced and directed by Sai Paranjpye which also starred Aruna Irani and Shabana Azmi.
He has also acted in an international film, `Heat and Dust` (1983), directed by James Ivory. The English film was released in the UK and the US.
"I have never projected myself as an actor or something like that. But if something came my way and if I had time, I did it. But I know I am a much better tabla player than an actor, so I would prefer to do that," Hussain told reporters.
"But if something comes along and if I have time, and if people have the confidence that I can pull it off... Well then I will do it again," the 61-year-old said when asked if he would take up acting once again.
"I am very happy being a musician, interacting with great musicians and learning from them," he maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know
- Noted Yakshagana artiste Gerukatte Gangaiah Shetty collapses on stage, dies
- Former Miss India Priyadarshini Chatterjee fights for child abuse victim
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam
- Notice sent to SP Balasubrahmanyam for performing Ilayairaaja's composition