Zakir Hussain open to acting in films again
Mumbai: Tabla maestro Ustad Zakir Hussain says he is not averse to face the camera and would like to act again if good projects come his way.
Hussain was last seen in `Saaz`, a 1998 Hindi movie produced and directed by Sai Paranjpye which also starred Aruna Irani and Shabana Azmi.
He has also acted in an international film, `Heat and Dust` (1983), directed by James Ivory. The English film was released in the UK and the US.
"I have never projected myself as an actor or something like that. But if something came my way and if I had time, I did it. But I know I am a much better tabla player than an actor, so I would prefer to do that," Hussain told reporters.
"But if something comes along and if I have time, and if people have the confidence that I can pull it off... Well then I will do it again," the 61-year-old said when asked if he would take up acting once again.
"I am very happy being a musician, interacting with great musicians and learning from them," he maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Too funny! You can't miss this latest song 'Fake Ishq' from Akshay Kumar's 'Housefull 3' – Watch
- Was intimidated by Amit Trivedi: 'Baby Doll' singer Kanika Kapoor
- Like things to be poetic in music, says Rabbi Shergill
- Sonal Chauhan, Ankit Tiwari's new song video 'Badtameez' is must watch for every heartbroken lover!
- New song 'Da Da Dasse' from 'Udta Punjab' is thoroughly intoxicating – Watch here