ZEEL launches its new music label ‘Zee Music Company’
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL) on monday announced its foray into the music label space with its latest venture, ‘Zee Music Company’ (ZMC). The ZMC has plans to acquire the music rights of over 20 major motion pictures in the financial year 2014-15.
Introducing the label, Mr. Punit Goenka, MD and CEO, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited stated “ZEEL has always been a leader in the media and entertainment space, be it films or television, and branching out into the music label space gives us an opportunity to widen our business. The music industry is a large playing field and there is scope for us to explore the opportunity in this market. Technology has also emerged as a key transformer of the music industry and digital revenues are driving growth in the market. Since we are a content company, it is essential to own intellectual property as content is the king.”
Mr. Anurag Bedi, Business Head and EVP, Zee Music Company (ZMC), believes ZMC to be a valuable addition to the business. He stated, “It’s a great space to be in, as music is something that is consumed universally. The Hindi film industry is currently in its best phase musically and there is a plethora of talent. We had been toying with this idea and finally we have entered this space.”
Talking about the acquisitions, Anurag commented, “We are thrilled at having acquired the rights to the music of the Akshay Kumar-Sonakshi Sinha starrer ‘Holiday’ which is jointly produced by Reliance Big Entertainment, Sunshine Pictures and Hari Om Entertainment Company.”
“We have also partnered with Fox Star Studios and signed the latter for the music of 5 of its Hindi releases for the year, including the Saif Ali Khan and Riteish Deshmukh starrer ‘Humshakals’, Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif starrer ‘Bang Bang’ and one of the most anticipated releases of the year ‘Bombay Velvet’ starring Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma”; Anurag further added.
Future partnerships of Zee Music Company include the big players; Dharma Productions, Excel Entertainment and other top studios.
The music industry in India currently stands at a staggering figure of 960 crores and projected figures for 2014 are 1010 crores. The industry is expected to only grow over the years and reach 1780 crores in 2018.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi': 'Aashiq Tera' track highlights the love triangle between Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Ali Fazal—Watch video
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Ayushmann Khurrana rocks Seattle with his moonwalk, singing! Watch video
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track