`Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead` goes up in music charts
London: A song titled `Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead` from the 1939 musical `The Wizard of Oz` is moving up the singles chart in Britain, following the death of Margaret Thatcher.
In the space of less than 12 hours after her death, the song made it to No.54, the Daily Mail cited latest sales figures for the Official Charts Company as saying.
The daily said while many have mourned Thatcher`s death, some people have seen the passing of the former prime minister as a cause for celebration, prompting a download surge for the music track.
A Facebook campaign is also being set up to encourage sales.
The 1939 song was sung by Dorothy, played by Judy Garland, the Munchkins, and Glinda the Good Witch, played by Billie Burke.
Garland`s version is not the only one to be selling. A performance by Ella Fitzgerald is at 146 and one by the Munchkins is at 183.
Garland`s version was also at No.16 in the iTunes chart.
Thatcher, 87, died Monday after suffering a series of strokes. She was prime minister from 1979 to 1990 and the Leader of the Conservative Party from 1975 to 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Box Office report: Opening day collections of Ranveer Singh's 'Befikre' are out!
- Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor's 'OK Jaanu' new poster is too cute to handle!
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan to come together! No, we are not talking abt a film
- Aamir Khan to lock horns with Sanjay Dutt at Box Office next year
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ title track out and it’s awesome!
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil Hoon Main' song will make you fall in love all over again!
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Aamir Khan has something to say about ‘Dangal’ title track – Watch