`Killer Queen` made me discover music: Katy Perry
London: Pop star Katy Perry believes the hit track `Killer Queen` of the legendary band Queen helped her forge a love of rock music.
The 28-year-old `Teenage Dream` hitmaker has often expressed her admiration for the 1970`s British rock band that consisted of Freddie Mercury, Brian May, John Deacon, and Roger Taylor, reported Daily Mirror.
"Queen`s track Killer Queen made me discover music and helped me come into my own at the age of 15," Perry said.
"The way Freddie Mercury delivered his lyrics just made me feel like a confident woman. I`d say his fingerprint is all over me," she added.
The singer also performed the band`s song `Don`t Stop Me Now` during her Hello Katy tour in 2009.
Perry even named her new perfume `Killer Queen`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBFC refuses to certify Prakash Jha's 'Lipstick Under My Burkha'
- Going vegan one of the best decisions I took: Shruti Haasan
- Angelina Jolie may star in 'Maleficent 2'
- Irrfan Khan unveils first look of his banned Bangladeshi film ‘Doob’
- Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt promote 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' like Dilliwallas!
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch
- Maluma to donate Vina del Mar fest paycheque to fire victims
- Arjun Kapoor – Shraddha Kapoor’s ‘Half Girlfriend’ to create record with 18-minute long song!
- Justin Bieber India Purpose Tour: Varun Dhawan to attend concert