`The Boss` favourite to compose new US national anthem
Washington: Two out of ten Americans (22 percent), say that if they had to get someone to compose a new national anthem for the United States, they would pick veteran rocker Bruce Springsteen.
A 60 Minutes/Vanity Fair poll showed that the singer who is nicknamed “The Boss” was a crowd favourite to do the task.
The popular musician — who is a noted favourite of many politicians, including New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty and Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley, for example — narrowly beat out country singer Dolly Parton as Americans’ number one choice to write a replacement for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner,’ with Parton scoring 19 percent support.
Stevie Wonder followed closely with 18 percent, while recent Medal of Freedom winner Bob Dylan — whom President Barack Obama honoured last week — garnered 11 percent, the Politico reported.
Meanwhile, 10 percent said they’d give the job to legendary composer John Williams, rapper Jay-Z came in with 8 percent support and pop singer Madonna drew 5 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How Jessica Alba takes care of her hair!
- Tom Cruise's 'The Mummy' trailer will send shivers down your spine
- Himesh Reshammiya reveals similarities between Salman Khan, Iulia Vantur
- Here's what Elena Kazan said after getting evicted from 'Bigg Boss' season 10
- THIS is where Shah Rukh Khan feels the 'happiest'
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- It’s out! Aditya Chopra’s favourite song from ‘Befikre’
- Alia Bhatt's 'Let's Break Up' song from 'Dear Zindagi' is like a therapy!
- Maharashtra CM’s wife Amruta Fadnavis to feature in a music video with Amitabh Bachchan