Adele declines Amy Winehouse tribute show
Los Angeles: Singer Adele has turned down an offer to perform in an Amy Winehouse tribute show as she still had not come to terms with Winehouse`s death.
Singer George Michael said Adele has turned down his offer.
Adele was still shocked with the death of Winehouse, who died because of alcohol poisoning in 2011, a website has quoted the 49-year-old singer as saying.
"We communicated by email... and initially what I wanted was for us to sing `Love is a losing game` by Amy Winehouse at the Elizabeth Taylor tribute I did at Covent Garden," Michael said on a radio show in London.
"She told me that she tried to put one of (Winehouse`s) songs in her own set and she couldn`t even get through it. I think they knew each other from the Brits School.
"They`re obviously musical goddesses but I think the tragedy would have been too much for her," he added.
Michael says he would love to do a track with the 24-year-old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia my inspiration for doing 'Shaandaar': Shahid
- Raksha Bandhan: The crazy video by Akshay Kumar with sister will leave you in splits!
- Alia Bhatt will never make 'first move' in relationships
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Newlyweds Shahid-Mira make fashion debut at Masaba's LFW show