Adele declines Amy Winehouse tribute show
Los Angeles: Singer Adele has turned down an offer to perform in an Amy Winehouse tribute show as she still had not come to terms with Winehouse`s death.
Singer George Michael said Adele has turned down his offer.
Adele was still shocked with the death of Winehouse, who died because of alcohol poisoning in 2011, a website has quoted the 49-year-old singer as saying.
"We communicated by email... and initially what I wanted was for us to sing `Love is a losing game` by Amy Winehouse at the Elizabeth Taylor tribute I did at Covent Garden," Michael said on a radio show in London.
"She told me that she tried to put one of (Winehouse`s) songs in her own set and she couldn`t even get through it. I think they knew each other from the Brits School.
"They`re obviously musical goddesses but I think the tragedy would have been too much for her," he added.
Michael says he would love to do a track with the 24-year-old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone's Hollywood debut 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' mints over $300 mn worldwide!
- 'Rangoon' has a great cast, feels Kangana Ranaut!
- 5 Cool things to do this Summer season!
- Arjun Kapoor goes black and white for 'Mubarakan'!
- Nach Balie 8: Monalisa rehearses with husband Vikrant Singh Rajpoot
- Maluma to donate Vina del Mar fest paycheque to fire victims
- Arjun Kapoor – Shraddha Kapoor’s ‘Half Girlfriend’ to create record with 18-minute long song!
- Justin Bieber India Purpose Tour: Varun Dhawan to attend concert
- Akshay Kumar and Raveena Tandon's popular song all set for a reprised version!
- Justin Bieber's India concert: Sale of tickets to go live on February 22