Adele declines Amy Winehouse tribute show
Los Angeles: Singer Adele has turned down an offer to perform in an Amy Winehouse tribute show as she still had not come to terms with Winehouse`s death.
Singer George Michael said Adele has turned down his offer.
Adele was still shocked with the death of Winehouse, who died because of alcohol poisoning in 2011, a website has quoted the 49-year-old singer as saying.
"We communicated by email... and initially what I wanted was for us to sing `Love is a losing game` by Amy Winehouse at the Elizabeth Taylor tribute I did at Covent Garden," Michael said on a radio show in London.
"She told me that she tried to put one of (Winehouse`s) songs in her own set and she couldn`t even get through it. I think they knew each other from the Brits School.
"They`re obviously musical goddesses but I think the tragedy would have been too much for her," he added.
Michael says he would love to do a track with the 24-year-old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say
- Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ title track out and it’s awesome!
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil Hoon Main' song will make you fall in love all over again!
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Aamir Khan has something to say about ‘Dangal’ title track – Watch
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!