Adele, Robbie Williams most played at funerals
Los Angeles: The songs of Adele and Robbie Williams are most played at the funerals.
Williams` "Angels" and Adele`s "Someone like you" are both listed among the favourite songs to play at a funeral in a poll by Co-operative Funeralcare.
The Williams, 38, took fifth position on the chart, while Adele placed at number 22 less than two years after its release.
Frank Sinatra`s "My Way" topped the chart for a seventh consecutive year with 15 percent of the vote, Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli`s "Time to say goodbye" came second and Bette Midler took third with "Wind beneath my wings", reports digitalspy.co.uk.
The study also revealed that a quarter of funeral homes refuse to play John Lennon`s "Imagine" on the grounds of taste, as it includes the line: "Imagine there`s no heaven."
The poll also showed a decline in hymns in favour of pop music at two-thirds of British services, dropping from 41 percent to 30 percent. Only 4 percent of services feature classical music.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut not a part of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s film with Shah Rukh Khan anymore?
- Shah Rukh Khan thanks 'Ittefaq' team for recreating his Yash Chopra film
- Saif Ali Khan breaks his silence on rumours about disapproval of Sara being launched by Karan Johar
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Mohsin Khan talks about his love for Shivangi Joshi
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Justin Bieber's India concert: Sale of tickets to go live on February 22
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh
- Diljit, Badshah jamming for something new?
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt enchant us with their beautiful chemistry in ‘Humsafar’
- Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan singing 'Humsafar' song from 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' is a must watch!