Adele`s `21` set to make history in top 40-album chart
Washington: Adele`s album `21` is on course of making history after spending its 118th consecutive week in the top 40 of the Billboard 200 album chart, according to Billboard.
The 25-year-old singer`s hit album was released more than two years ago in January 2011 and is now approaching the chart record set by Shania Twain with her 1997 album `Come On Over` which remained in the list for 151 weeks, the Huffington Post reported.
Taylor Swift`s debut self-titled album stayed 126 weeks in the top 40 and Nickelback`s 2005 album, `All the Right Reasons` was there for 122 weeks.
` 21` debuted at top spot on the Billboard 200 and has been certified diamond; it also won six Grammy awards, including Album of the Year, as well as Record of the Year and Song of the Year for `Rolling in the Deep.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rangoon: Reasons why Shahid Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan and Kangana Ranaut starrer is a MUST WATCH
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui may not do Salman Khan’s ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ – Here’s why
- Ranganathan Madhavan - Vijay Sethupathi’s ‘Vikram Vedha’ first look poster unveiled - It’s intriguing!
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Jolly LL.B 2’ slams a century, makes it to Rs 100 crore club!
- Sanjay Dutt biopic: After Ranbir Kapoor, Paresh Rawal’s Sunil Dutt look leaked!
- Justin Bieber India Purpose Tour: Varun Dhawan to attend concert
- Akshay Kumar and Raveena Tandon's popular song all set for a reprised version!
- Justin Bieber's India concert: Sale of tickets to go live on February 22
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh
- Diljit, Badshah jamming for something new?