Adele`s first appearance since baby birth at Golden Globes
Los Angeles: Multiple Grammy winner Adele is set to make her first public appearance at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards.
The 24-year-old singer, who gave birth to her first son with boyfriend Simon Konecki in October last year, has also been nominated for Best Original Song for the `Skyfall` soundtrack, reported Ace Showbiz.
It marks the first time she is ever vying for the Golden Globe.
Adele is facing off Keith Urban & Michael McDevitt (`For You` for ‘Act of Valor’), Jon Bon Jovi (`Not Running Anymore` for ‘Stand Up Guys’), Taylor Swift & The Civil Wars (`Safe & Sound` for ‘The Hunger Games’), and Claude-Michel Schonberg, Alain Boublil and Herbert Kretzmer (`Suddenly` for ‘Les Miserables’).
The winners will be announced in a star-studded ceremony on January 13. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler have been tapped as the hosts, while George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Jennifer Garner, Jennifer Lopez, Kristen Wiig, Will Ferrell and Jason Statham are set to present.
The Cecil B DeMille Award honouring the lifetime achievements of actors and filmmakers is given to veteran actress Jodie Foster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir Kapoor's family posts sweet messages for him on his birthday
- Donald Trump was really rude: Miss Universe Alicia
- Tough streak takes leap! Sonakshi Sinha smashes in 'Force 2' poster- Check out
- Karan Johar showers Ranbir Kapoor with the best birthday wish!
- Lindsay Lohan meets Syrian refugees in Turkey
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert
- Treat for fans of Carnatic music on Vijayadashami in Dubai
- Birthday special: Top 10 Lata Mangeshkar's compositions that will make you fall in love again!
- Uttam Singh named for Maharashtra's 'Lata Mangeshkar Award'!
- Alive Indians band to dedicate performance to Uri attack victims