Aerosmith cancel Shanghai, Taiwan shows
Los Angeles: Rockers Aerosmith were forced to withdraw their shows in Shanghai and Taipei at the last minute after a local promoter failed to meet contractual obligations.
"It is with sincere regret that Aerosmith has announced that it must cancel two previously scheduled festival gigs Wednesday, August 21 in Shanghai and Saturday, August 24 in Taipei. Aerosmith shares the disappointment of their supportive fans in Shanghai and Taipei and they hope to see them soon," a message on the band`s website read.
Frontman Steven Tyler said the group was "extremely upset" to have disappointed the fans.
"They have welcomed us into their country and due to uncontrollable circumstances we will not be able to perform. We were so excited to share our music with them and look forward to one day returning and giving them the show they deserve," Tyler wrote.
Bandmembers Joe Perry, Tom Hamilton and Joey Kramer echoed Tyler but hoped to perform in Shanghai and Taiwan in near future.
The Boston-based band is famous for hits like `Dream on`, `Walk this way` and `Get your wings`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!
- Throwback! We bet you haven't seen these rare Bollywood pictures
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ title track out and it’s awesome!
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil Hoon Main' song will make you fall in love all over again!
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Aamir Khan has something to say about ‘Dangal’ title track – Watch