Aerosmith cancel Shanghai, Taiwan shows
Los Angeles: Rockers Aerosmith were forced to withdraw their shows in Shanghai and Taipei at the last minute after a local promoter failed to meet contractual obligations.
"It is with sincere regret that Aerosmith has announced that it must cancel two previously scheduled festival gigs Wednesday, August 21 in Shanghai and Saturday, August 24 in Taipei. Aerosmith shares the disappointment of their supportive fans in Shanghai and Taipei and they hope to see them soon," a message on the band`s website read.
Frontman Steven Tyler said the group was "extremely upset" to have disappointed the fans.
"They have welcomed us into their country and due to uncontrollable circumstances we will not be able to perform. We were so excited to share our music with them and look forward to one day returning and giving them the show they deserve," Tyler wrote.
Bandmembers Joe Perry, Tom Hamilton and Joey Kramer echoed Tyler but hoped to perform in Shanghai and Taiwan in near future.
The Boston-based band is famous for hits like `Dream on`, `Walk this way` and `Get your wings`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri