Aguilera jokes about her Super Bowl mishap
Washington: Christina Aguilera, who famously messed up the lyrics to the national anthem during this year’s Super Bowl, has apparently decided to not take the embarrassing incident too seriously.
In a chat with Ellen DeGeneres on Tuesday, the singer explained why she thinks she botched the lyrics to ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ in February, reports Fox News.
"I was the youngest anthem singer in my hometown of Pittsburgh, PA. I think I had a moment where I was at the Super Bowl at 30 years old. I took in the moment a little bit too much,” she said.
Shoot me for appreciating the moment, but here I am at the Super Bowl . . . singing for a team and in front of the world. And remembering what it was like to be that young and look where I made it now.
". . . That night I knew, I just made myself a Trivial Pursuit question. ``In 2011 what female singer, ya know, flubbed the lyrics.``
It’s just insane. But I had a really good laugh about it and you
get over things. You get back up again and you just prove to yourself and to everyone you’re that much stronger,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Move Your Lakk song alert! 'Noor' Sonakshi Sinha shimmers with Diljit Dosanjh and Badshah
- Ali Quli Mirza dedicates song to cancer-stricken kids
- Parineeti Chopra makes spectacular singing debut with 'Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin' from 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'! - Watch
- ‘Baahubali 2’ songs out! Check out the Jukebox here
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance