Aguilera jokes about her Super Bowl mishap
Washington: Christina Aguilera, who famously messed up the lyrics to the national anthem during this year’s Super Bowl, has apparently decided to not take the embarrassing incident too seriously.
In a chat with Ellen DeGeneres on Tuesday, the singer explained why she thinks she botched the lyrics to ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ in February, reports Fox News.
"I was the youngest anthem singer in my hometown of Pittsburgh, PA. I think I had a moment where I was at the Super Bowl at 30 years old. I took in the moment a little bit too much,” she said.
Shoot me for appreciating the moment, but here I am at the Super Bowl . . . singing for a team and in front of the world. And remembering what it was like to be that young and look where I made it now.
". . . That night I knew, I just made myself a Trivial Pursuit question. ``In 2011 what female singer, ya know, flubbed the lyrics.``
It’s just insane. But I had a really good laugh about it and you
get over things. You get back up again and you just prove to yourself and to everyone you’re that much stronger,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Befikre movie review: Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer struggles hard to recreate Aditya Chopra magic
- Raees look: Not one but three different styles for Shah Rukh Khan
- Birthday Special: 10 times Dino Morea proved 'age is just a number'!
- I stress, worry, get nervous: Vaani Kapoor
- Sonakshi Sinha wishes 'Happy Birthday' popsy to Shatrughan Sinha, posts adorable PIC
- Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ title track out and it’s awesome!
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil Hoon Main' song will make you fall in love all over again!
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Aamir Khan has something to say about ‘Dangal’ title track – Watch
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!