Alexandra Burke inspired by gospel music for new album
London: R&B singer Alexandra Burke says she has been inspired by artists such as Aretha Franklin and Billie Holiday and hopes to channel some of their soul into her new music.
The 24-year-old singer`s third studio album is expected to
serve as the follow-up to her second album `Heartbreak on Hold`, which is a chartbuster, reported Digital Spy.
"I don`t know how I got there, it seems like just yesterday that I won The X Factor. I want to show growth in me as a young woman and I am at the point where I`m digging deep, deeper than I`ve ever dug before.
"Back to the people who made music, Aretha Franklin, Billie Holiday, that gospel, spiritual sound really gets me. And that`s where music comes from. Our generation and people who are younger than me, they don`t really know where music started from, because some of them haven`t been taught that," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alive Indians band to dedicate performance to Uri attack victims
- Banning artistes gives victory to terrorists: Pakistani musician
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's 'Do You Know' is so addictive you will play it on loop
- Ajay Devgn and Erika Kaar's romance in 'Darkhaast' is pure magic! Watch 'Shivaay' song here