Amy Winehouse album sets UK chart record after death
London: The late Amy Winehouse`s acclaimed second and final album `Back to Black` has become the UK`s biggest seller of the 21st century, according to data from the Official Charts Company.
The company said the 2006 record, which included such hits as "Rehab," "Back to Black" and "Love Is a Losing Game" and netted Winehouse five Grammys, had sold 3.26 million copies, surpassing James Blunt`s "Back to Bedlam" (3.25 million).
Winehouse`s album shot back to the top of the British charts following her death aged 27 on July 23.
Dido`s "No Angel" -- released in the UK in February 2001 -- is the third best-selling album of the century with sales of 3.07 million in the UK.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam