Amy Winehouse didn`t like singing her hit songs
London: Late singer Amy Winehouse hated to sing some of her hit songs as it reminded her of a broken relationship.
The singer talked about her turbulent relationship with Blake Fielder-Civil in tracks including ‘Back to Black’ and ‘Love is a Losing Game’. But after the couple split in 2009, she could no longer face the music.
According to her father Mitch, Winehouse did not feel like singing most of her famous songs.
"She said to me many times, `I can`t do these songs any more, Dad.` I said, `Well, write some new ones then. Or do covers. People just want to hear you sing. You know, do your jazz stuff. Get up there and sing a nursery rhyme; they`ll pay 100 pounds to come and see you. They just want to see you, they want to see you enjoying yourself. There`s no point in getting up there and singing songs that make you cry. Sing `The Nearness of You`," guardian.co.uk quoted Mitch as saying.
"Lovely songs she could sing - `Black Magic`, `Fly Me to the Moon`. But those other songs were really a millstone around her neck. I can`t listen to any of them," he added.
The Grammy-winning star died in July 2011 aged 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!
- Awards are an inspiration to work harder: Amaal Mallik
- Watch: Salman Khan's 'Sultan' title track packs quite a punch!
- Ankit Tiwari moves ahead with music
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities in his 'Famous' video - Watch