Amy Winehouse’s dad plans annual concerts in her memory
London: Mitch Winehouse plans to hold star-studded concerts every year in his daughter’s memory to help raise funds for the Amy Winehouse foundation.
He said that he will also call on stars like Lady Gaga to donate money for the cause.
“We need to make sure the money keeps coming in,” the Daily Star quoted him as saying.
“We are definitely planning a memorial concert for this year. We are hoping to have one here and in America and we’ll do that every year and alternate doing it in LA and New York,” he said.
“I’d love to have Tony Bennett on the bill as he is a friend of the foundation and has donated 100,000 dollars which is incredible… We’d also love to have Lady Gaga there,” he added.
Mitch also appealed for more charities to bid for cash from the foundation, which helps young Britons with drink or drug addictions.
“We are not getting enough applications in. We are literally having to go out and find them,” he said.
The former cabbie also said he had been touched by the lives Amy has saved.
“I have had dozens of people say to me that they were in the middle of a drug binge and they heard about Amy and they stopped,” he said.
“So there are some incredible positives that have come out of this,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?
- Abhishek Bachchan to star in Prabhu Deva's 'Lefty'—Here's all you need to know
- Vivah Panchami: Celebrating the divine marriage of Lord Ram and Goddess Sita
- Superstar Rajinikanth injured on sets of '2.0'
- Check out incredible worldwide box office collections of Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi'
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- It’s out! Aditya Chopra’s favourite song from ‘Befikre’
- Alia Bhatt's 'Let's Break Up' song from 'Dear Zindagi' is like a therapy!
- Maharashtra CM’s wife Amruta Fadnavis to feature in a music video with Amitabh Bachchan