AR Rahman`s `Urvashi Urvashi` inspires Will.i.am`s `Birthday`
Los Angeles: Oscar-winning Indian composer AR Rahman`s 1994 chartbuster ‘Urvashi Urvashi’ has inspired American singer-songwriter Will.i.am`s new song ‘Birthday’. The `Mozart of Madras` is excited about the creative partnership.
"Excited to creatively partner with Will.i.am to recreate an early popular track of mine in a new flavour," Rahman posted on his Facebook page Wednesday.
The ‘Birthday’ song follows the tune of Rahman`s peppy number that originally featured in Tamil film ‘Kadhalan’, which was dubbed in Hindi as ‘Humse Hai Muqabla’ and in Telugu as ‘Premikudu’. It was picturised on dancer par excellence Prabhudheva.
Will.i.am has reportedly co-produced his new song with Damien LeRoy, and it was co-written with Rahman, up-and-coming R&B artist Cody Wise and US producer Keith Harris.
Rahman flew to Los Angeles earlier this month for the premiere of Hollywood film ‘Million Dollar Arm’, for which he has composed the tunes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- 'Iron Man 3' actor Miguel Ferrer dead after battling throat cancer
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!
- Akshay Kumar, Huma Qureshi's 'Go Pagal' song making video is a must watch!
- Akshay Kumar turns a 'Jolly good fellow' in this new promotional music video!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15