AR Rahman`s `Urvashi Urvashi` inspires Will.i.am`s `Birthday`
Los Angeles: Oscar-winning Indian composer AR Rahman`s 1994 chartbuster ‘Urvashi Urvashi’ has inspired American singer-songwriter Will.i.am`s new song ‘Birthday’. The `Mozart of Madras` is excited about the creative partnership.
"Excited to creatively partner with Will.i.am to recreate an early popular track of mine in a new flavour," Rahman posted on his Facebook page Wednesday.
The ‘Birthday’ song follows the tune of Rahman`s peppy number that originally featured in Tamil film ‘Kadhalan’, which was dubbed in Hindi as ‘Humse Hai Muqabla’ and in Telugu as ‘Premikudu’. It was picturised on dancer par excellence Prabhudheva.
Will.i.am has reportedly co-produced his new song with Damien LeRoy, and it was co-written with Rahman, up-and-coming R&B artist Cody Wise and US producer Keith Harris.
Rahman flew to Los Angeles earlier this month for the premiere of Hollywood film ‘Million Dollar Arm’, for which he has composed the tunes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Emraan Hashmi takes up 'Fear vs Neerja' challenge!
- Can't take freedom of speech for granted; religion in politics is not healthy: Kamal Haasan
- Sunny Deol's fans give thumps up to 'Ghayal Once Again', mints Rs 14.85 cr!
- Henry Cavill flaunts new look for upcoming flick 'Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice'
- Second dialogue promo of 'Neerja' is here!