AR Rahman`s `Urvashi Urvashi` inspires Will.i.am`s `Birthday`
Los Angeles: Oscar-winning Indian composer AR Rahman`s 1994 chartbuster ‘Urvashi Urvashi’ has inspired American singer-songwriter Will.i.am`s new song ‘Birthday’. The `Mozart of Madras` is excited about the creative partnership.
"Excited to creatively partner with Will.i.am to recreate an early popular track of mine in a new flavour," Rahman posted on his Facebook page Wednesday.
The ‘Birthday’ song follows the tune of Rahman`s peppy number that originally featured in Tamil film ‘Kadhalan’, which was dubbed in Hindi as ‘Humse Hai Muqabla’ and in Telugu as ‘Premikudu’. It was picturised on dancer par excellence Prabhudheva.
Will.i.am has reportedly co-produced his new song with Damien LeRoy, and it was co-written with Rahman, up-and-coming R&B artist Cody Wise and US producer Keith Harris.
Rahman flew to Los Angeles earlier this month for the premiere of Hollywood film ‘Million Dollar Arm’, for which he has composed the tunes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brad Pitt child abuse case: Investigation extends due to new accusation
- Awwdorable: Kushal Tandon, Gauahar Khan's Twitter conversation is too cute to miss
- Arjun Bijlani's 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' shoot stalled by Shah Rukh Khan fans
- Looking forward to bring 'Battle for Bittora' on screen, says Sonam Kapoor
- Deepika Padukone's 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' to have India premiere ahead of its release