Arctic Monkeys headline Glastonbury festival
London: The Arctic Monkeys closed the Glastonbury Festival`s first night on Friday with a hit-packed headlining set.
The band, which played to more than 90,000 fans, opened with a brand new song, ` Do I Wanna Know `, and pleased the crowd with hits like `I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor`, the BBS reported.
The band members made a low-key entrance on the Pyramid Stage, and keeping with the slow-burning groove of their new single, they set opened with subdued lighting and darkened video screens, before crashing straight into the faster Brianstorm- a single from 2007.
The show also included performances by the likes of Dizzee Rascal, Jake Bugg and Rita Ora.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- People forget celebrities are also human beings: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Sidharth teaches IIT students 'Kaala chashma'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- Rumoured girlfriend Iulia Vantur to croon Salman Khan's 'Main Hoon Hero Tera'?
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Vishal-Shekhar, UK-based band collaborate for 'Beliya'