Avril Lavigne says new album not about relationships and dudes
New York: Avril Lavigne has said that on her new album, she wanted to write songs and make something that was a little more artistic.
The Canadian rocker opened up to Nylon about her fiance, Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger, and branching out in a new musical direction.
The 28-year-old, who is set to release her upcoming fifth album, said that she took a turn away from her usual pop sensibilities this time, the New York Daily News reported.
"It`s not just all songs about relationships and dudes. I just wanted to write songs and make something that was a little more artistic. I wanted to go down that road. I wasn`t trying to write a big radio record," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Berlin International Film Festival: Amar Kaushik’s ‘Aaba’ wins international jury award
- Aashka Goradia to marry fiancé Brent Goble this year
- Farida Jalal slams death rumours, says ‘I am hale and hearty’
- Alia Bhatt celebrates grandmother’s 88th birthday, gives us some relationship goals
- Brangelina split: We're a family and we'll always be a family, says Angelina Jolie
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh
- Diljit, Badshah jamming for something new?
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt enchant us with their beautiful chemistry in ‘Humsafar’
- Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan singing 'Humsafar' song from 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' is a must watch!
- Bollywood actors who have also inspired us by their singing