Azealia Banks feud helped my songwriting: Lily Allen
London: Singer Lily Allen has credited her feud with rapper Azealia Banks with helping her become a better songwriter.
The 28-year-old singer and Banks got into a Twitter spat last year, after the rapper insinuated that Allen`s children were ugly, reported Daily Mirror.
Both stars slung insults at each other over the course of several days, with Allen dubbing Banks a "one-hit-wonder".
Allen said that her songwriting wasn`t up to par after her pregnancy.
"I tried to write through my pregnancy with my youngest, but the hormones were really weird and it was just really forced and sounded terrible," she said.
"Then it wasn`t until I stopped breastfeeding six months on that Azealia tweeted me on Twitter, that I was like, `Yes, you know who I am.` "
Allen added that the feud inspired material for her new album Sheezus.
"I found my voice again, then I just bashed it all out. It was like two years of writing before I found it," she added.
Sheezus is due for release on May 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks