Azealia Banks feud helped my songwriting: Lily Allen
London: Singer Lily Allen has credited her feud with rapper Azealia Banks with helping her become a better songwriter.
The 28-year-old singer and Banks got into a Twitter spat last year, after the rapper insinuated that Allen`s children were ugly, reported Daily Mirror.
Both stars slung insults at each other over the course of several days, with Allen dubbing Banks a "one-hit-wonder".
Allen said that her songwriting wasn`t up to par after her pregnancy.
"I tried to write through my pregnancy with my youngest, but the hormones were really weird and it was just really forced and sounded terrible," she said.
"Then it wasn`t until I stopped breastfeeding six months on that Azealia tweeted me on Twitter, that I was like, `Yes, you know who I am.` "
Allen added that the feud inspired material for her new album Sheezus.
"I found my voice again, then I just bashed it all out. It was like two years of writing before I found it," she added.
Sheezus is due for release on May 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan's awesome bromance bigger than any award!
- Deepika Padukone looks ravishing on the latest 'Elle' cover!
- Hrithik Roshan's intense 'Kaabil' POSTER will leave you intrigued!
- Ranbir Kapoor kickstarts 'Dragon' with a party!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan to recreate 'Karan Arjun' magic? Check out what the duo said
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- It’s out! Aditya Chopra’s favourite song from ‘Befikre’
- Alia Bhatt's 'Let's Break Up' song from 'Dear Zindagi' is like a therapy!
- Maharashtra CM’s wife Amruta Fadnavis to feature in a music video with Amitabh Bachchan