Barbra Streisand performs at conference
London: Singer-actress Barbra Streisand was reportedly paid USD 2.3 million for performing at a banking conference for an hour.
The 71-year-old Oscar-winner performed around 10 tracks, including `Memory`, `You Don`t Bring Me Flowers` and `People`, before being whisked off stage just as stealthily as she arrived, reported Contactmusic.
Around 4,000 Baron shareholders enjoyed the hour-long afternoon concert.
Recently the `Funny Girl` star said she never followed her family advice and always wanted to become an actress.
"My mother told me I should be a secretary, but I wanted to be an actress from when I was very young. Looking back I think it was maybe an escape," she had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Preity Zinta's cousin brother shoots himself in Shimla, police recover suicide notes
- Opening day Box Office collections of Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani 2' are out!
- Neither Hrithik nor Salman! Anushka to team up with Katrina Kaif on 'Koffee with Karan'
- 'Bigg Boss' season 10: Manu Punjabi exits Salman Khan's show?
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' to cross Rs 50 crore mark today!