London: A new chart has identified the most popular and the least favourite James Bond themes ever.
They are integral to every Bond film, but some theme songs endure longer than others.
The new chart has listed all of the signature songs from each of the 22 films in order of popularity, based on the numbers of plays they have had on television, radio and the internet.
According to the survey, the most popular is ‘Live and Let Die’ by Wings, the Telegraph reported.
Dame Shirley Bassey’s ‘Goldfinger’ and ‘Diamonds Are Forever’ also rank highly.
However, her song for 1979’s ‘Moonraker’ is in second last place, ahead only of the theme to Dr No.
The analysis has been conducted by the PRS for Music, formerly the Performing Right Society, a licensing organisation which monitors music use in order to collect royalties for songwriters.
The organisation tracks the playing of songs in live performances, radio, television, as well as online.
In total, the 22 songs have received 80 million “plays” in the UK in the fifteen years covered by the data.
The themes songs, with the composer and performer, in order of popularity are:
1. Live and Let Die – Sir Paul and Linda McCartney – Paul McCartney and Wings
2. Goldfinger – John Barry, Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley – Shirley Bassey
3. Another Way to Die (from Quantum of Solace) – Jack White – Alicia Keys
4. Die Another Day – Madonna and Mirwais Ahmadzaï – Madonna
5. Diamonds are Forever – John Barry and Don Black – Shirley Bassey
6. You Know My Name (from Casino Royale) – David Arnold and Chris Cornell – Chris Cornell
7. Nobody Does It Better (from The Spy Who Loved Me) – Marvin Hamlisch and Carole Bayer Sager – Carly Simon
8. The World Is Not Enough – David Arnold and Don Black – Garbage
9. View To A Kill – John Barry and Duran Duran – Duran Duran
10. You Only Live Twice – John Barry and Leslie Bricusse – Nancy Sinatra
11. GoldenEye – Bono and The Edge – Tina Turner
12. On Her Majesty’s Secret Service – John Barry – John Barry Orchestra
13. Thunderball – John Barry and Don Black – Tom Jones
14. For Your Eyes Only – Bill Conti and Michael Leeson – Sheea Easton
15. Licence to Kill – N. Michael Walden, Jeffrey Cohen and Walter Afanaseiff – Gladys Knight
16. The Living Daylights – John Barry and Pal Waaktaar – A-Ha
17. Tomorrow Never Dies – Mitchell Froom and Sheryl Crow – Sheryl Crow
18. From Russia With Love – Lionel Bart – Matt Monro
19. All Time High (from Octopussy) – John Barry and Tim Rice – Rita Coolidge
20. The Man With the Golden Gun – John Barry and Don Black – Lulu
21. Moonraker – John Barry and Hal David – Shirley Bassey
22. James Bond Theme (from Dr No) – Monty Norman – John Barry Orchestra