Beyonce Knowles` video highlights pressures women go through
Los Angeles: Singer Beyonce Knowles has used her song to show how women experience pressure from rest of the society.
The 32-year-old`s new video ‘Pretty hurts’ shows the extreme lengths people go to in order to fit in, reports mirror.co.uk.
She said: "I`m pretending to get a face-lift and Botox. It represents all the things that women go through to keep up with the pressure that society puts on us.
"Some of the things that young women go through, it`s just really heartbreaking for me," she added.
The video was directed by Melina Matsoukas, who added that society`s version of beauty doesn`t make people happy in themselves.
She explained: "The concept of the video is really a behind the scenes look into society`s take on beauty and how it doesn`t bring you happiness and it doesn`t move you forward in life.
"It`s really finding yourself that brings you happiness."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan in 'Raees' NEW POSTER will blow your mind!
- Katrina Kaif: Society fails to recognise marital rape as a crime; women must speak up!
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Ranveer Singh was in 'Befikre' even before Aditya Chopra! Here's the truth
- Jayalalithaa death: Telugu stars mourn Amma's loss!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- It’s out! Aditya Chopra’s favourite song from ‘Befikre’
- Alia Bhatt's 'Let's Break Up' song from 'Dear Zindagi' is like a therapy!