Beyonce won`t play `Partition` for mother
Los Angeles: Pop star Beyonce Knowles is too embarrassed to play her steamy new song “Partition” for her mother.
The 32-year-old has said that she still hasn`t played the sexy track, which appears on her recently released hit album “Beyonce”, for her mother Tina Knowles because the lyrics are so salacious, reports contactmusic.com.
On “Partition”, Knowles sings of a romantic tryst with her lover in the back of a chauffeur-driven car, with lyrics including: "Driver, roll up the partition please, I don`t need you seeing `Yonce on her knees."
The star explained: "I kinda had this whole fantasy of being in the car and this whole movie played in my head. I didn`t have a pen and paper. I got to the mic, I`m like, `Oh, press record...`
"I was so embarrassed after I recorded the song because I`m just talking s**t. I`m like, `I can`t play this for my husband!` I still haven`t played it for my mum. She`s going to be very mad at me.”
The “Drunk in Love” hitmaker, who has a 23-month-old daughter, Blue Ivy, with husband Jay Z, also revealed that the song was inspired by her spouse`s attempts to woo her when they first met.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bigg Boss' 10: We bet you haven’t seen these family pictures of Priyanka Jagga Muise!
- Lady Gaga doesn't like comparison with Madonna, says 'we are very different'
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Prince Narula talks about Badho Bahu co-star Rytasha Rathore, film offers and more
- 'Logan' trailer: You simply can't afford to miss Hugh Jackman's final portrayal of Wolverine
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'