Billy`s new album tribute to US soldiers
London: Singer Billy Ray Cyrus` new album "I`M American" is a tribute to US troops and he decided to pen the songs after his Afghanistan visit.
Cyrus visited the country in December 2009 and he was so moved by the US troops` life in Afghanistan that he decided to write the songs as a salute to them.
"During one of the performances outside of Kabul, some bombs went off during the song `Some Gave All` (a Vietnam War tribute) and I paused. And one of the soldier`s stood up and said, `Keep going Mr. Cyrus. We`re used to it," contactmusic.com quoted the 49-year-old as saying.
"I finished the song and it was that moment that I knew I was going to do a whole album and salute these troops. They are the bravest men and women," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Johar in awe of Radhika Apte's 'Phobia'!
- Live performance: Bollywood star Farhan Akhtar ready to fly in Chicago!
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- Priyanka Chopra shares throwback pic of her nani on her 94th birthday! – View pic
- Nandita Das bats for rating system in certifying films
- Too funny! You can't miss this latest song 'Fake Ishq' from Akshay Kumar's 'Housefull 3' – Watch
- Was intimidated by Amit Trivedi: 'Baby Doll' singer Kanika Kapoor
- Like things to be poetic in music, says Rabbi Shergill
- Sonal Chauhan, Ankit Tiwari's new song video 'Badtameez' is must watch for every heartbroken lover!
- New song 'Da Da Dasse' from 'Udta Punjab' is thoroughly intoxicating – Watch here