Billy`s new album tribute to US soldiers
London: Singer Billy Ray Cyrus` new album "I`M American" is a tribute to US troops and he decided to pen the songs after his Afghanistan visit.
Cyrus visited the country in December 2009 and he was so moved by the US troops` life in Afghanistan that he decided to write the songs as a salute to them.
"During one of the performances outside of Kabul, some bombs went off during the song `Some Gave All` (a Vietnam War tribute) and I paused. And one of the soldier`s stood up and said, `Keep going Mr. Cyrus. We`re used to it," contactmusic.com quoted the 49-year-old as saying.
"I finished the song and it was that moment that I knew I was going to do a whole album and salute these troops. They are the bravest men and women," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- This is how Akshay Kumar made his darling daughter Nitara's birthday more special! Pics inside
- B-Town celebs congratulate Sania Mirza on Pan Pacific Open win!
- Amitabh Bachchan's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
- Don't think my potential will ever be tapped: Soha Ali Khan
- Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's 'Do You Know' is so addictive you will play it on loop
- Ajay Devgn and Erika Kaar's romance in 'Darkhaast' is pure magic! Watch 'Shivaay' song here
- Palak Muchhal excited to collaborate with Atif Aslam
- Pandit Ravi Shankar's opera to get UK premiere in 2017
- Adele dedicates concert to Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie