Billy`s new album tribute to US soldiers
London: Singer Billy Ray Cyrus` new album "I`M American" is a tribute to US troops and he decided to pen the songs after his Afghanistan visit.
Cyrus visited the country in December 2009 and he was so moved by the US troops` life in Afghanistan that he decided to write the songs as a salute to them.
"During one of the performances outside of Kabul, some bombs went off during the song `Some Gave All` (a Vietnam War tribute) and I paused. And one of the soldier`s stood up and said, `Keep going Mr. Cyrus. We`re used to it," contactmusic.com quoted the 49-year-old as saying.
"I finished the song and it was that moment that I knew I was going to do a whole album and salute these troops. They are the bravest men and women," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam