Billy`s new album tribute to US soldiers
London: Singer Billy Ray Cyrus` new album "I`M American" is a tribute to US troops and he decided to pen the songs after his Afghanistan visit.
Cyrus visited the country in December 2009 and he was so moved by the US troops` life in Afghanistan that he decided to write the songs as a salute to them.
"During one of the performances outside of Kabul, some bombs went off during the song `Some Gave All` (a Vietnam War tribute) and I paused. And one of the soldier`s stood up and said, `Keep going Mr. Cyrus. We`re used to it," contactmusic.com quoted the 49-year-old as saying.
"I finished the song and it was that moment that I knew I was going to do a whole album and salute these troops. They are the bravest men and women," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Dilwale' has a lot of twists, turns, says Varun Dhawan
- Amitabh Bachchan reaches 18 mn followers on Twitter
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Check out: 'Bajirao Mastani' song 'Malhari' to be launched in Bhopal!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?