Black Sabbath`s Tony Iommi pens song for Armenia
Moscow: Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi, author of some of the world`s heaviest riffs, has penned the music for Armenia`s entry in this year`s Eurovision Song Contest, organisers said.
The lyrics to the rock ballad were written by Gor Sujyan, who fronts the band Dorians.
Iommi, who achieved world fame in the 1970s with Black Sabbath, fronted by Ozzy Osbourne, admitted he had initially been unsure about the contest, famed for its lightweight pop and disco, as well as novelty acts.
"I first said, `Oh God, I don`t know` - it seemed really strange, me doing a Eurovision song. I don`t usually do that," Iommi, 65, was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.
"But I said, `I`ve got a rock ballad; I`ll send it over`. The thing is, I`ve always thought, `Oh no, not the Eurovision,` and here I am in it now."
Iommi will not perform at the annual competition, to be held this year in Sweden.
The guitarist first got involved with Armenia in the Soviet era, when he helped raise funds for Spitak city following a devastating earthquake in 1988.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' reintroduced me to entertainment industry: Shamita Shetty
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh
- LIVE streaming: Krishna Janmashtami 2016 celebrations straight from ISKON Delhi – Watch here
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Janmashtami special—Celebrate Krishna's birth with these top 5 Bollywood tracks!
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- Song alert! 'Besabriyaan' from Sushant Singh Rajput's 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story' OUT—Watch