Bob Dylan`s handwritten `Rolling Stone` lyrics to be auctioned
London: Handwritten lyrics of Bob Dylan`s classic hit `Like A Rolling Stone` is to be sold at an auction in New York.
Dylan wrote his career-changing song in pencil on small sheets of a hotel stationery in 1965. The manuscript features corrections and revisions of the lyrics, as well as doodles in the margin and notes about the musician`s life, reportedly.
The lyrics will be sold by a Californian friend and business associate of the singer, who bought it from him three years ago. Accompanying the manuscript is a letter from Dylan`s lawyer verifying its authenticity.
Experts at Sotheby`s, the agency who will auction the manuscript, has described it as "the most significant piece of rock material to appear at auction."
The bid is expected to draw 1 million pounds. The manuscript will go under hammer on June 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kesha legal battle: Singer releases her single post clash!
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Ghulam Ali, Pt Jasraj perform on Sankat Mochan Sangeet Samaroh
- Armaan Malik honoured with Dadasaheb Phalke award!
- 'Me and Mrs Jones' singer Billy Paul no more