Bob Dylan`s handwritten `Rolling Stone` lyrics to be auctioned
London: Handwritten lyrics of Bob Dylan`s classic hit `Like A Rolling Stone` is to be sold at an auction in New York.
Dylan wrote his career-changing song in pencil on small sheets of a hotel stationery in 1965. The manuscript features corrections and revisions of the lyrics, as well as doodles in the margin and notes about the musician`s life, reportedly.
The lyrics will be sold by a Californian friend and business associate of the singer, who bought it from him three years ago. Accompanying the manuscript is a letter from Dylan`s lawyer verifying its authenticity.
Experts at Sotheby`s, the agency who will auction the manuscript, has described it as "the most significant piece of rock material to appear at auction."
The bid is expected to draw 1 million pounds. The manuscript will go under hammer on June 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US
- Madhur Bhandarkar reveals first look of Kirti Kulhari starrer 'Indu Sarkar'
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty
- Girls should hit back if touched inappropriately, says Akshay Kumar
- Irrfan Khan in Georgia for 'Hindi Medium' shooting
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam