Bon Jovi boots Richie Sambora after 30 yrs with band
New York: Richie Sambora, who has been with Bon Jovi for 30 years, has been booted from the band.
The 54-year-old rocker had been with Jon Bon Jovi`s band since its formation in 1983 - and contributed on 12 albums that sold a total of 130 million copies.
According to RumorFix.com, the guitarist had already been taking a leave from the tour for undisclosed "personal reasons," the New York Daily News reported.
A source told Us magazine that there were a lot of well-documented problems, so this was the best decision for now.
The RumorFix.com report, however, pinned the real cause of the firing on money.
Sambora was earning 2 million dollars a month and 20 percent of the profits after each show on Bon Jovi`s current tour.
His successor Philip `Phil X` Xenidis-who previously replaced Sambora during part of a 2011 tour when the founding Bong Jovi member was in rehab for alcohol abuse-is only making 10,000 dollars a month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri