Bon Jovi guitarist to miss tour
London: Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora has bowed out of their current tour due to personal issues.
Sambora was absent as the `Living on a Prayer` band played in Alberta, Canada, on their Because We Can tour, and has been counted out of an indefinite number of future shows, reported Contactmusic.
"Due to personal issues, Richie Sambora will not be performing on this upcoming leg. All shows will go on as scheduled," a statement on the band`s website said.
The reason for Sambora`s departure has not been given, but it appears to be unplanned, based on comments made by lead singer Jon Bon Jovi during the show.
After taking to the stage late, Jon told the crowd, "I had two choices - pack up and go home or give you everything I got. Richie Sambora won`t be performing for a while. If there`s ever a night I need you, it`s tonight, Calgary."
It is unclear if Richie will rejoin the tour when it heads to South Africa and then Europe in May. In 2011 Sambora was left out of dates on the band`s touring schedule to attend rehab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Dangal' Box Office report: Aamir Khan starrer crosses Rs 100 crore mark in Mumbai
- Angelina Jolie's father wants Brangelina to get back together for kids
- Atif Aslam halts concert midway, rescues female from being harassed! - Watch
- Sunny Pawar meets President Barack Obama
- Shahid Kapoor's video on wife Mira Rajput's phone conversation is bang on!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15
- Musical tribute to Kaifi Azmi on 98th birth anniversary
- David Guetta's Mumbai concert cancelled – Here's why
- Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam's chemistry spills love all over in 'Kisi Se Pyar Ho Jaye' from 'Kaabil'