Boy band, The Wanted, to take a break after tour
New York: Boy band, The Wanted, said on Wednesday they were taking a break and that their upcoming Word of Mouth Tour would be their last for a while.
The group, whose members are British and Irish and whose hit singles include "I Found You," "Chasing the Sun" and "Glad You Came," said they had decided to pursue their own personal plans.
"The band wants to stress to their fans that they will continue on as The Wanted and look forward to many successful projects together in the future," they said on their website, which also announced the release of a new video and single "Glow in the Dark."
The group, comprising Max George, Siva Kaneswaran, Nathan Sykes, Tom Parker and Jay McGuiness, was formed in 2009 and its members are in their early 20s.
They were signed by Justin Bieber`s manager Scooter Braun and hit the U.S. pop charts in 2012 with their infectious dance songs.
Known for their raucous behavior, the band appeared in a reality show produced by Ryan Seacrest Productions on U.S. cable network E! that premiered in June. It followed the band as they prepared for their album and world tour.
The Wanted`s 2014 tour will take them to Europe and Britain and Ireland during February and March, and to the U.S. in April and May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's big 'champion' win at Filmfare 2016!
- Boyfriend goals: Ranveer Singh ecstatic with Deepika Padukone's 'xXx' rage!-- See pic
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!
- Akshay-Nimrat's 'Airlift' roars at the Box Office, mints Rs 121.74 cr!
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?