Britney Spears begins work on eighth studio album
London: After the success of her 2011 award winning album `Femme Fatale`, pop star Britney Spears has begun work on her eighth studio album.
Spears, 31, has teamed up with Grammy nominated writer Elijah Blake who has hits like Rihanna`s `No Love Allowed` and Usher`s `Climax` to her credit, reported Digital Spy online.
"I think her fans will be surprised by it. I would say it`s definitely the `unexpected` Britney in so many ways, in that she`s playing with new textures and stomping on new grounds and genres," Blake said.
Though no further information on Spears`s eighth studio album has been received yet, she was previously spotted in a recording studio with Rodney `Darkchild` Jerkins.
Also Blackout producer Danja confirmed he was working with Spears again.
She also tweeted "Blackout 2.0" in response to fans trending the anniversary of the album on Twitter.
The X Factor USA judge is currently enjoying chart success with will.I.Am`s single `Scream and Shout`, in which she features.
The song is set to enter the UK chart at number two according to the midweeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Move Your Lakk song alert! 'Noor' Sonakshi Sinha shimmers with Diljit Dosanjh and Badshah
- Ali Quli Mirza dedicates song to cancer-stricken kids
- Parineeti Chopra makes spectacular singing debut with 'Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin' from 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'! - Watch
- ‘Baahubali 2’ songs out! Check out the Jukebox here
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance