Bruce Springsteen singing on new Pete Seeger album
Los Angeles: Bruce Springsteen has recorded a new Pete Seeger song for a Seeger album that is pencilled in for release this holiday season.
Springsteen sings two verses and a chorus on ‘God is Counting on Us,’ a song Seeger wrote in response to the oil spill in the Gulf Coast. Appleseed Recordings will release the Seeger album.
The song will be the sixth exclusive Springsteen song that Appleseed has released in conjunction with its various Seeger projects, label owner Jim Musselman told Billboard.com. The Boss has had tracks on 1998`s ‘Where Have all the Flowers Gone,’ 2007`s ‘Sowing the Seeds’ and 2007`s ‘Give Us Your Poor’ among others.
‘Tomorrow`s Children,’ the latest Seeger recording from Appleseed, won the Grammy this year for musical album for children. Seeger, 92, has been honoured with Grammys, a Kennedy Center Award, the Presidential Medal of the Arts and a Lifetime Legends medal from the Library of Congress.
Springsteen paid tribute to Seeger in 2006 with his album ‘We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions’ and a subsequent live album featuring performances of the recordings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!