Bruno Mars, Rihanna top list of most-pirated artists in 2013
Los Angeles: American singer-songwriter Bruno Mars and R&B star Rihanna are the most pirated music artistes of 2013.
According to the figures released by data analysis firm Musicmetric, Mars finished the year with nearly 5.8 million downloads to Rihanna`s 5.4 million, reported Rolling Stone.
Daft Punk was a distant third with 4.2 million downloads. Justin Timberlake with 3.9 million and Flo Rida with 3.5 million downloads rounded out the top five.
Musicmetric also crunched numbers to determine that Taylor Swift was the social media winner in 2013, adding 29.5 million new followers on Facebook, Twitter and other services.
Close behind were Katy Perry with 29.2 million fans and Timberlake, who had 28.8 million followers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert
- Treat for fans of Carnatic music on Vijayadashami in Dubai
- Birthday special: Top 10 Lata Mangeshkar's compositions that will make you fall in love again!
- Uttam Singh named for Maharashtra's 'Lata Mangeshkar Award'!
- Alive Indians band to dedicate performance to Uri attack victims