California prisoner sues Jay Z, West, Beyonce
Los Angeles: Celebrities Jay Z, Kanye West, Beyonce Knowles, Rihanna and Chris Brown have been named in a $2.4 billion civil rights lawsuit filed by a prisoner in a California jail.
Richard J. Dupree Jr. is convinced the musicians stole lyrics for over 3,000 songs he wrote while serving time by spying on him via satellite with the aid of several law enforcement agencies, including the Central intelligence Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Homeland Security, reports contactmusic.com.
It is not clear which songs Dupree is claiming feature his lyrics, but in the lawsuit, which he filed April 21 in California Eastern District Court, he has demanded damages and to be immediately freed from the California State Prison at Corcoran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tiger Shroff starrer 'A Flying Jatt' sequel on cards?
- Amazon Prime Video India partners with Vishesh Films
- Akshay Kumar's 'Gold' based on India's first olympic medal
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- I am completely against banning Pakistani actors in India: Dibakar Banerjee
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'