Celine Dion criticised for not giving credit
Canberra: Australian singer Daniel Merriweather has criticised Celine Dion for not giving him credit for recording his song ‘Water and a Flame’ in her new album.
Dion unveiled her new track in April, but did not mention Merriweather in the credit list. The song in question is the Australian star`s 2009 duet with singer Adele, reports dailystar.co.uk.
Merriweather posted a message on his Facebook page.
He wrote: "It is astounding that Celine Dion tries to pass off lyrics that I wrote as her own. Now, if I had written the song for her, it wouldn`t bother me so much, but `Water and a Flame` is a very personal song, that I wrote right after a break up I was going through and is one of my personal favourite songs on my album `Love & War`. This song has every ounce of my heartache and pain in it and she pretends as if she wrote it herself."
"Don`t get me wrong, I am genuinely flattered that anyone would want to cover one of my songs, but there is an age old etiquette amongst artists that one gives credit where credit is due."
"Thank you Celine Dion for singing my song, but if you had seen even half of what I have seen in my life time, you wouldn`t be able to get out of bed in the morning let alone sing, so just be mindful of the fact that songs are a connection to the ether, and an insight to our inner most thoughts and feelings and for some of us it may be all we will ever have," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How Jessica Alba takes care of her hair!
- Tom Cruise's 'The Mummy' trailer will send shivers down your spine
- Himesh Reshammiya reveals similarities between Salman Khan, Iulia Vantur
- Here's what Elena Kazan said after getting evicted from 'Bigg Boss' season 10
- THIS is where Shah Rukh Khan feels the 'happiest'
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- It’s out! Aditya Chopra’s favourite song from ‘Befikre’
- Alia Bhatt's 'Let's Break Up' song from 'Dear Zindagi' is like a therapy!
- Maharashtra CM’s wife Amruta Fadnavis to feature in a music video with Amitabh Bachchan