Cheryl Cole blames Nadine Coyle for Girls Aloud split
London: Singer Cheryl Cole has blamed fellow Girls Aloud singer Nadine Coyle for disbanding the group as the latter wanted to launch her solo singing career.
Talking about the experience in her upcoming autobiography ‘Cheryl: My Story’ the singer says the entire band was expecting it from Coyle but were taken aback by the revelation from her, reports contactmusic.com.
"I think we all expected her to come up with some sort of excuse, but she just admitted `It`s not really my thing`. I can remember a sort of stunned silence, like we`d all been slapped in the face. But I was so cut up about my marriage this didn`t really make the impact t it probably should have," Cole wrote.
"It was no secret Nadine was trying to launch a solo career in America. I felt we were lucky she was prepared to split herself in two. This was different though," she added.
However, the 29-year-old says it was when Coyle brought her personal manager on a tour bus with the band, everyone knew it was time for them to take a break.
``Having her manager actually on tour with us was crossing the line, and that`s when I knew that it was finally time for us to take a break," she said.
Girls Aloud last worked an album in 2009. The band which comprises of Nadine Coyle, Nicola Roberts, Kimberley Walsh, Sarah Harding and Cheryl Cole and have currently recorded a new single as they make a comeback Oct 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone's 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' to have India premiere ahead of its release
- Amitabh Bachchan spills the beans on Ram Gopal Varma's 'Sarkar 3' shoot
- Ajay Devgn praises PM Narendra Modi, reveals why they meet less now
- Confirmed: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' not to release in Pakistan
- 'Nightingale of Kashmir' Raj Begum passes away aged 89