Cheryl Cole blames Nadine Coyle for Girls Aloud split
London: Singer Cheryl Cole has blamed fellow Girls Aloud singer Nadine Coyle for disbanding the group as the latter wanted to launch her solo singing career.
Talking about the experience in her upcoming autobiography ‘Cheryl: My Story’ the singer says the entire band was expecting it from Coyle but were taken aback by the revelation from her, reports contactmusic.com.
"I think we all expected her to come up with some sort of excuse, but she just admitted `It`s not really my thing`. I can remember a sort of stunned silence, like we`d all been slapped in the face. But I was so cut up about my marriage this didn`t really make the impact t it probably should have," Cole wrote.
"It was no secret Nadine was trying to launch a solo career in America. I felt we were lucky she was prepared to split herself in two. This was different though," she added.
However, the 29-year-old says it was when Coyle brought her personal manager on a tour bus with the band, everyone knew it was time for them to take a break.
``Having her manager actually on tour with us was crossing the line, and that`s when I knew that it was finally time for us to take a break," she said.
Girls Aloud last worked an album in 2009. The band which comprises of Nadine Coyle, Nicola Roberts, Kimberley Walsh, Sarah Harding and Cheryl Cole and have currently recorded a new single as they make a comeback Oct 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Badshah's Hindi cover of Justin Bieber’s 'Sorry' is out and, dayum, it's addictive!
- Baar Baar Dekho: Brand new ‘Kala Chashma’ still featuring Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi': 'Aashiq Tera' track highlights the love triangle between Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Ali Fazal—Watch video
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag