Cheryl Cole blames Nadine Coyle for Girls Aloud split
London: Singer Cheryl Cole has blamed fellow Girls Aloud singer Nadine Coyle for disbanding the group as the latter wanted to launch her solo singing career.
Talking about the experience in her upcoming autobiography ‘Cheryl: My Story’ the singer says the entire band was expecting it from Coyle but were taken aback by the revelation from her, reports contactmusic.com.
"I think we all expected her to come up with some sort of excuse, but she just admitted `It`s not really my thing`. I can remember a sort of stunned silence, like we`d all been slapped in the face. But I was so cut up about my marriage this didn`t really make the impact t it probably should have," Cole wrote.
"It was no secret Nadine was trying to launch a solo career in America. I felt we were lucky she was prepared to split herself in two. This was different though," she added.
However, the 29-year-old says it was when Coyle brought her personal manager on a tour bus with the band, everyone knew it was time for them to take a break.
``Having her manager actually on tour with us was crossing the line, and that`s when I knew that it was finally time for us to take a break," she said.
Girls Aloud last worked an album in 2009. The band which comprises of Nadine Coyle, Nicola Roberts, Kimberley Walsh, Sarah Harding and Cheryl Cole and have currently recorded a new single as they make a comeback Oct 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim ‘apology’ post row: THESE Bollywood celebrities have extended support
- Hrithik Roshan, Ronit Roy lock horns in new dialogue promo of 'Kaabil' – Watch
- Not scared of being stereotyped: Aditya Roy Kapur
- Vivek Oberoi returns from Sabarimala, becomes Guruswami
- Anil Kapoor reacts to daughter Sonam Kapoor's Filmfare award win for 'Neerja'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15
- Musical tribute to Kaifi Azmi on 98th birth anniversary
- David Guetta's Mumbai concert cancelled – Here's why
- Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam's chemistry spills love all over in 'Kisi Se Pyar Ho Jaye' from 'Kaabil'