Cheryl Cole hires 1D team to help pop career
London: Singer Cheryl Cole has hired the team behind One Direction to help restart her pop career and hopefully regain her seat on `The X Factor` UK judging panel.
The `Call My Name` singer has ditched her trusted pal will.I.Am for Modest! Management, in a bid to reclaim her success in the industry, reported Contactmusic.
The 30-year-old star had put her career on hold following a string of bad luck in recent years, including being booted off `The X Factor` USA just a couple of weeks into the show, being struck down with acute malaria in 2010, and going through a messy divorce with ex-husband Ashley Cole.
"Cheryl has had enough time to get over all the big dramas in her life over the past few years. The malaria episode, the humiliating experience on `The X Factor` USA and her marriage problems left her lost for a while.
"But she has really got the fire back in her belly and wants to throw herself into her career. The time is right," a source said.
Meanwhile, Cole is keen to pen some tracks with her former band mate Nicola Roberts for her upcoming album, which is set for release next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Celebrate 'love' this Diwali with Neha-Tony Kakkar's 'Khuda Bhi Jab'!
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 699: Alia successfully convinces Abhi to continue his relationship with Tanu
- Here's how Bollywood biggies Aamir Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Hrithik Roshan plan to celebrate Diwali
- Sanjay Dutt's comeback film 'Marco' to go on floors next year!
- Akshay Kumar, Taapsee Pannu wrap up Malaysia schedule of 'Naam Shabana'