Chris Brown cancels South American show following protests
Los Angeles: Singer Chris Brown has backed out of his December concert in Guyana following local protests against his 2009 physical assault on ex-girlfriend, Rihanna.
Brown, 23, was supposed to headline a big show in the capital city of Georgetown. But South American women`s rights protesters and opposition lawmakers immediately released statements making it known that the `Don`t Wake Me Up` singer would not be welcomed in their city.
Brown, upon learning of the incident was uneasy and decided to cancel his appearance, reported a website.
This is not the first time that the troubled singer has faced angry protesters trying to spurn his concert over his Rihanna mishap.
Earlier this month, a mysterious group of protesters in Sweden managed to plaster posters of Brown`s ex-girlfriend showing her battered face and used it as a promo material for the rapper`s November 19 concert in Stockholm.
In 2009, the Brown hit, choked and bit Rihanna on the eve of the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles during a heated argument. He later pleaded guilty to assault and is still serving his probation of five years. He has since taken violence counselling and has been attempting to repair his image to fans.
Brown and Rihanna have recently released a duet titled `Nobodies Business`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Throwback pic! Virat Kohli showcases rockstar avatar, raps in AR Rahman's Chennai studio
- Led Zeppelin cleared of plagiarism charges
- Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan laud Shekhar Kapur's daughter's soul-stirring debut song – Watch
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham in 'Sau Tarah Ke' making video look HIGH on energy! Watch now
- Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol's epic romance continues to rule the Internet! – Here's how