Chris Brown set to headline `African Grammies`
Johannesburg: Chris Brown will headline the event of Kora awards- the African Grammies- that is going to be held in Abidjan, Ivory Coast on Sunday.
The 23-year-old rapper will stage a concert in Abidjan’s main sport stadium for these awards along with several African artists including the Nigerian duo P-Square, who won the last top Kora prize in Ouagadougou, News24.com reported.
Some 30 trophies will be awarded, with singer Patience Dabany, the “mama” of African music and the mother of Gabonese President Ali Bongo, expected to receive a lifetime achievement award.
Frontrunners for the best African group are Abidjan’s own Magic System, Toofan from Togo and Malaika of South Africa.
Brown is in the running for best male artist of the American diaspora, while French rappers Sexion d’Assaut are tipped for the European diaspora category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's 'Do You Know' is so addictive you will play it on loop
- Ajay Devgn and Erika Kaar's romance in 'Darkhaast' is pure magic! Watch 'Shivaay' song here
- Palak Muchhal excited to collaborate with Atif Aslam
- Pandit Ravi Shankar's opera to get UK premiere in 2017
- Adele dedicates concert to Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie