Ciara sued over cancelled gig
Los Angeles: R&B star Ciara has been hit with a lawsuit over a cancelled performance at a gay bar.
The 27-year-old `Goodies` hitmaker was slated to make an appearance at The Factory on Friday night to celebrate the start of LA Pride week, but she allegedly backed out of the show due to restrictions in her contract as the headliner of the annual parade, reported TMZ online.
Bosses at The Factory have since filed legal documents against the singer for breach of contract and are seeking damages for lost revenue and money wasted touting Ciara as a guest.
However, a spokesperson for the singer has dismissed the accusations, insisting Ciara cancelled before the deal was even finalised.
"Despite being notified early last week that Ciara could not appear, the Factory continued to market and promote Ciara`s appearance," her representative said.
"The reason for the continued marketing/promotion is unclear, as it is not known why the Factory would intend to continue to mislead the public, to cause damage to the LA Gay Pride festival and to attempt to portray Ciara in a negative light."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Move Your Lakk song alert! 'Noor' Sonakshi Sinha shimmers with Diljit Dosanjh and Badshah
- Ali Quli Mirza dedicates song to cancer-stricken kids
- Parineeti Chopra makes spectacular singing debut with 'Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin' from 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'! - Watch
- ‘Baahubali 2’ songs out! Check out the Jukebox here
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance