Ciara sued over cancelled gig
Los Angeles: R&B star Ciara has been hit with a lawsuit over a cancelled performance at a gay bar.
The 27-year-old `Goodies` hitmaker was slated to make an appearance at The Factory on Friday night to celebrate the start of LA Pride week, but she allegedly backed out of the show due to restrictions in her contract as the headliner of the annual parade, reported TMZ online.
Bosses at The Factory have since filed legal documents against the singer for breach of contract and are seeking damages for lost revenue and money wasted touting Ciara as a guest.
However, a spokesperson for the singer has dismissed the accusations, insisting Ciara cancelled before the deal was even finalised.
"Despite being notified early last week that Ciara could not appear, the Factory continued to market and promote Ciara`s appearance," her representative said.
"The reason for the continued marketing/promotion is unclear, as it is not known why the Factory would intend to continue to mislead the public, to cause damage to the LA Gay Pride festival and to attempt to portray Ciara in a negative light."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Urvashi Rautela gives a classical twist to Jacqueline Fernandez's 'Beat Pe Booty'
- Teaser of Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor's ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ is out and it is insanely entertaining!
- First look: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' posters will leave you intrigued – View inside
- Most doctors prefer partners from medical profession: Survey
- Dhanush to produce Rajinikanth's next film
- Lady Gaga's song was Taapsee Pannu's inspiration for 'Pink'
- Will sing in 'Tubelight', rest depends on Salman: Arijit Singh
- Song alert! Riteish Deshmukh plays 'Banjo' to the tunes of 'Rada' out now!
- Beyonce dominates MTV Video Music Awards 2016
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'