Coldplay`s sixth album on the way: Chris Martin

Last Updated: Dec 01, 2012, 20:29 PM IST

London: Coldplay frontman Chris Martin has denied rumours that the rock band are going to be taking a three year hiatus, insisting he is writing songs for their upcoming album.

Martin, 35, has said that the band have already started work on their new album, a follow-up to last year`s `Mylo Xyloto`, reported Daily Star.

"I`ve been writing songs and I`m so fired up about the band`s future. I`m fortunate to do what I do and no way do I want to stop.

"This three-year break idea only came about because I said at a gig in Australia that we might not be back there for three years. That`s probably true, but that`s just how a world tour works. No chance are we taking a three-year break," he said.

The lead vocalist said the group, also made up of Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland and Will Champion, continue to make music as they want to support a children`s charity.

"If we don`t work hard we make less money to give Kids Company. We`re very spoiled and that`s a constant motivator to keep going. Our work with the charity is ongoing. We just tried to buy a building for them near our studio in London, but got gazumped. It was probably Radiohead that outbid us."

PTI