Coldplay to take three years off from `big shows`
London: Coldplay is planning to take a three-year hiatus from playing large shows at the end of their current tour.
The British band`s frontman Chris Martin made the announcement as they finished the Australian leg of their world tour in Brisbane on Wednesday.
Coldplay has been on tour since October 2011 promoting their latest record, Mylo Xyloto.
"This is the last big show for three years or so," he told reporters after the show, while adding, "I don`t want to stop."
Some fans might be shocked by the news of the break, after the band revealed they were already working on material for the sixth studio album.
"The next one we`re releasing is much easier to pronounce," he told Australian radio station 2DayFM.
Coldplay is scheduled to perform with Martin`s long-time friend Jay-Z at the Barclays Centre in Brooklyn, New York on December 30 and on New Year`s Eve.
The band also has several concerts booked in Latin America in February 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'