Coldplay’s `Clocks` crowned past 10 years’ greatest hit
London: Coldplay’s track ‘Clocks’ beat Arctic Monkeys’ ‘I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor’ and Elbow’s ‘One Day Like This’ to emerge as the BBC Radio 6 Music’s greatest hit of the past ten years.
Speaking on 6 Music, Coldplay’s drummer Will Champion said that he was “totally blown away” by topping the poll.
6 Music’s presenters, producers and staff compiled the list of 100 tracks from the past decade taken from the radio station’s playlist, and then asked listeners to vote for them.
The National’s ‘Bloodbuzz Ohio’ and The Killers’ ‘Mr Brightside’ completed the top five.
‘Seven Nation Army’ from The White Stripes - the only band in the top 10 to feature a female - was voted in at number six, followed by The Flaming Lips’ ‘Do You Realize??’ and Johnny Cash’s ‘Hurt.’
Rounding off the top 10 are British Sea Power’s ‘Remember Me’ and Radiohead’s There There.
The late Amy Winehouse appeared at number 25 with ‘Rehab,’ behind Lana Del Rey’s ‘Video Games,’ at 24 but ahead of Adele’s ‘Hometown Glory,’ which reached 28th position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- Akshay Kumar, Huma Qureshi's 'Go Pagal' song making video is a must watch!
- Akshay Kumar turns a 'Jolly good fellow' in this new promotional music video!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15