Coldplay’s `Clocks` crowned past 10 years’ greatest hit
London: Coldplay’s track ‘Clocks’ beat Arctic Monkeys’ ‘I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor’ and Elbow’s ‘One Day Like This’ to emerge as the BBC Radio 6 Music’s greatest hit of the past ten years.
Speaking on 6 Music, Coldplay’s drummer Will Champion said that he was “totally blown away” by topping the poll.
6 Music’s presenters, producers and staff compiled the list of 100 tracks from the past decade taken from the radio station’s playlist, and then asked listeners to vote for them.
The National’s ‘Bloodbuzz Ohio’ and The Killers’ ‘Mr Brightside’ completed the top five.
‘Seven Nation Army’ from The White Stripes - the only band in the top 10 to feature a female - was voted in at number six, followed by The Flaming Lips’ ‘Do You Realize??’ and Johnny Cash’s ‘Hurt.’
Rounding off the top 10 are British Sea Power’s ‘Remember Me’ and Radiohead’s There There.
The late Amy Winehouse appeared at number 25 with ‘Rehab,’ behind Lana Del Rey’s ‘Video Games,’ at 24 but ahead of Adele’s ‘Hometown Glory,’ which reached 28th position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Justin Bieber planning his own funeral
- Hilarious! We bet every South Indian is tired of hearing these stereotypical things – Watch
- 'Rustom' will leave people thinking, arguing: Akshay Kumar
- Watch how Saqib Saleem thanked fans for appreciating his role in 'Dishoom'!
- 'Game of Thrones' to end with eighth season
- These blockbuster Sonu Nigam songs will definitely make your day!
- Official Prince tribute concert set for October in Minnesota
- Tabla maestro Pt Lacchu Maharaj dies in Varanasi
- Beyonce to perform at MTV Video Music Awards 2016?
- Watch: Tiger Shroff - Jacqueline Fernandez’s fairytale romance in visually captivating song ‘Toota Jo Kabhi Tara’ from ‘A Flying Jatt’