Coldplay’s `Clocks` crowned past 10 years’ greatest hit
London: Coldplay’s track ‘Clocks’ beat Arctic Monkeys’ ‘I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor’ and Elbow’s ‘One Day Like This’ to emerge as the BBC Radio 6 Music’s greatest hit of the past ten years.
Speaking on 6 Music, Coldplay’s drummer Will Champion said that he was “totally blown away” by topping the poll.
6 Music’s presenters, producers and staff compiled the list of 100 tracks from the past decade taken from the radio station’s playlist, and then asked listeners to vote for them.
The National’s ‘Bloodbuzz Ohio’ and The Killers’ ‘Mr Brightside’ completed the top five.
‘Seven Nation Army’ from The White Stripes - the only band in the top 10 to feature a female - was voted in at number six, followed by The Flaming Lips’ ‘Do You Realize??’ and Johnny Cash’s ‘Hurt.’
Rounding off the top 10 are British Sea Power’s ‘Remember Me’ and Radiohead’s There There.
The late Amy Winehouse appeared at number 25 with ‘Rehab,’ behind Lana Del Rey’s ‘Video Games,’ at 24 but ahead of Adele’s ‘Hometown Glory,’ which reached 28th position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: India wali Priyanka Jagga gets eliminated
- Diwali 2016: Wondering what clothes to buy for kids? Check out the dos and don'ts
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Here’s how you can stay fit during festive season
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'