Dolly Parton eyes her own music festival
London: Country music legend Dolly Parton wants to launch her own outdoor music event after feeling inspired by Britain`s iconic Glastonbury Festival.
The 68-year-old singer wowed fans with her performance at the musical showpiece on Sunday, with an afternoon set that drew the biggest ever crowd in front of the main stage, reportedly.
The `Jolene` hitmaker was on such a high after her triumphant show, she spoke to the event`s organiser Michael Eavis about the possibility of starting a festival at her Dollywood theme park in Tennessee.
"I have a lot of land up near east Tennessee and we do a lot of festivals through my Dollywood company. I`ve often thought I might start my own festival in Tennessee. Maybe I`ll get good pointers from this one. I think I`m going to do that - Michael can give me some tips. Why wouldn`t I want something amazing like this?" Parton said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Johar's reaction on hearing Kangana Ranaut's name is EPIC!
- Beyhadh written update, March 28, 2017: Maya shocks Arjun with her pregnancy news!
- Katrina Kaif, Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and others dazzle at Hello! Hall Of Fame awards—SEE PICS
- Priyanka Chopra starrer 'Quantico' set for a season 3?
- Arbaaz Khan accepts DATING a Romanian beauty, feels there's a long way to go!
- Parineeti Chopra makes spectacular singing debut with 'Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin' from 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'! - Watch
- ‘Baahubali 2’ songs out! Check out the Jukebox here
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!