Dolly Parton eyes her own music festival
London: Country music legend Dolly Parton wants to launch her own outdoor music event after feeling inspired by Britain`s iconic Glastonbury Festival.
The 68-year-old singer wowed fans with her performance at the musical showpiece on Sunday, with an afternoon set that drew the biggest ever crowd in front of the main stage, reportedly.
The `Jolene` hitmaker was on such a high after her triumphant show, she spoke to the event`s organiser Michael Eavis about the possibility of starting a festival at her Dollywood theme park in Tennessee.
"I have a lot of land up near east Tennessee and we do a lot of festivals through my Dollywood company. I`ve often thought I might start my own festival in Tennessee. Maybe I`ll get good pointers from this one. I think I`m going to do that - Michael can give me some tips. Why wouldn`t I want something amazing like this?" Parton said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Throwback pic! Virat Kohli showcases rockstar avatar, raps in AR Rahman's Chennai studio
- Led Zeppelin cleared of plagiarism charges
- Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan laud Shekhar Kapur's daughter's soul-stirring debut song – Watch
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham in 'Sau Tarah Ke' making video look HIGH on energy! Watch now
- Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol's epic romance continues to rule the Internet! – Here's how