Drake breaks Jay-Z`s record for most No 1 R`n`B/Hip-Hop songs
Los Angeles: Rapper Drake has set a new record for the most No 1 singles on Billboard`s R&B/Hip-Hop songs chart, pipping hip-hop mogul Jay-Z.
The 25-year-old Canadian posts his tenth chart-topping track as rapper 2 Chainz`s ‘No Lie’, in which he provides an assist, reported Aceshowbiz.
With this feat, Drake surpasses the record previously held by his senior Jay-Z. The Roc Nation founder has posted nine No 1 singles on the chart, the latest of which was his collaboration with Kanye West, ‘Niggas in Paris’.
The 25-year-old rapper scored his first No 1 R&B/hip-hop song with 2009`s `Best I Ever Had`. His other chart-toppers include `Forever`, `Over`, `Fancy`, `Headlines` and `The Motto`.
Drake is predicted to make more achievements when the 29th annual MTV Video Music Awards is held on September 6.
The rapper ties Rihanna for the most nominations at the prize-giving event, with 5 nods each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arjun Kapoor's early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Govinda chose 'The Kapil Sharma show' over 'Comedy Nights Live'—Here's why?
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities on his 'Famous' video - Watch
- Throwback pic! Virat Kohli showcases rockstar avatar, raps in AR Rahman's Chennai studio
- Led Zeppelin cleared of plagiarism charges
- Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan laud Shekhar Kapur's daughter's soul-stirring debut song – Watch
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham in 'Sau Tarah Ke' making video look HIGH on energy! Watch now