Drake breaks Jay-Z`s record for most No 1 R`n`B/Hip-Hop songs
Los Angeles: Rapper Drake has set a new record for the most No 1 singles on Billboard`s R&B/Hip-Hop songs chart, pipping hip-hop mogul Jay-Z.
The 25-year-old Canadian posts his tenth chart-topping track as rapper 2 Chainz`s ‘No Lie’, in which he provides an assist, reported Aceshowbiz.
With this feat, Drake surpasses the record previously held by his senior Jay-Z. The Roc Nation founder has posted nine No 1 singles on the chart, the latest of which was his collaboration with Kanye West, ‘Niggas in Paris’.
The 25-year-old rapper scored his first No 1 R&B/hip-hop song with 2009`s `Best I Ever Had`. His other chart-toppers include `Forever`, `Over`, `Fancy`, `Headlines` and `The Motto`.
Drake is predicted to make more achievements when the 29th annual MTV Video Music Awards is held on September 6.
The rapper ties Rihanna for the most nominations at the prize-giving event, with 5 nods each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This magazine cover featuring Ranveer Singh will make women drool over him – See pic
- Clash with Salman Khan's 'Sultan' averted; check out the release date of Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Hrithik Roshan joins hand with transgender band for a cause
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- Kesha legal battle: Singer releases her single post clash!
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Ghulam Ali, Pt Jasraj perform on Sankat Mochan Sangeet Samaroh