Drake wants to be music icon
Los Angeles: Rapper Drake has revealed he wants to be respected as an icon by the present generation and be remembered through his songs in years to come. The 25-year-old singer said his main career ambition is for his music to stand the test of time and still be remembered.
"I`m a descendent of either Marley (Bob Marley) or Hendrix (Jimi Hendrix). I haven`t figured it out cause my story is far from finished," he explained while discussing the lyrics of his track "Lord Knows".
"I didn`t really say I was the rap Hendrix or Marley, I said I was the descendant. Because I feel like that`s what I want to be for this generation: iconic. That`s the purpose I want to serve on this earth. I want my words to be remembered in 10, 15 years," a website has quoted the singer as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks