Elton John performs in Paraguay
Asuncion: British music icon Sir Elton John served up an intimate performance for his first-ever concert in Paraguay.
John gave his band the night off, appearing alone on stage with his piano before some 5,000 fans gathered in a courtyard at the Yacht y Golf Club Paraguayo, just outside Asuncion.
"Hello, Paraguay. I`m very happy to be in this beautiful country," he told the crowd before launching into ‘The One’, followed by a score of hits such as ‘Tiny Dancer’, ‘Candle in the Wind’ and ‘Rocket Man’.
Tickets for the show went for prices ranging from $99 to $734.
The 65-year-old artist`s Latin American tour includes Chile, Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil.
John has sold more than 250 million albums worldwide in a career now in its fifth decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exposed! Baba Sehgal reveals shocking truth about Bollywood music industry – Details inside
- DJ Afrojack is coming to 'Rock the house' in 'Tomorrowland 2016'! Details inside
- Don't know what item songs mean: Zareen Khan
- Too funny! You can't miss this latest song 'Fake Ishq' from Akshay Kumar's 'Housefull 3' – Watch
- Was intimidated by Amit Trivedi: 'Baby Doll' singer Kanika Kapoor