Elton John to perform at Emmy Awards for first time
London: Singer Elton John is set to perform live at the Emmy Awards for the first time.
The 66-year-old `Rocket Man` singer would be paying tribute to the American pianist and vocalist Liberace, whose life was told in the recent biopic, ‘Behind the Candelabra’, reported Daily Star.
‘Behind the Candelabra’ is an HBO film and is up for 15 Emmy nominations.
Michael Douglas plays Liberace in the biopic and his lover Scott Thorson is portrayed by Matt Damon. They have both been nominated in the lead actor in a miniseries or movie category.
The duo would also present a trophy to a winner at the 2013 Primetime Emmy Awards.
This year`s award ceremony will take place on September 22 and Neil Patrick Harris is billed to return as host for the second time after his first stint in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone looks ravishing on the latest 'Elle' cover!
- Hrithik Roshan's intense 'Kaabil' POSTER will leave you intrigued!
- Ranbir Kapoor kickstarts 'Dragon' with a party!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan to recreate 'Karan Arjun' magic? Check out what the duo said
- Narendra Modi making Nehru jacket fashionable again, believes Shantanu
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- It’s out! Aditya Chopra’s favourite song from ‘Befikre’
- Alia Bhatt's 'Let's Break Up' song from 'Dear Zindagi' is like a therapy!
- Maharashtra CM’s wife Amruta Fadnavis to feature in a music video with Amitabh Bachchan